Low Level Laser therapy involves light-emitting diodes, or low level lasers, to the surfaces of the body. It is safe, painless and non-invasive. It provides drug free pain relief and healing with no side effects.
Laser energy is released on interaction with the tissue and will produce a low thermal and photochemical effect. Because of these effects, there will be local metabolic changes with subsequent therapeutic value.
Treatments take often only a few minutes and can be applied two or three times a week.
Some of the most common conditions treated include:
- Sprains and strains (acute and chronic), including ankles
- Trigger Points
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Plantar fasciitis pain
- Shin Splints
- Arthritic Pain
- Bursitis Pain
- Post operative pain
- Tissue healing; Acute and Chronic wounds
Clinical Effects include:
- An increase in oxygenated blood to the injured tissue accelerates tissue healing.
- A decrease in inflammation.
- An increase in muscle regeneration through repair of damaged muscle fibres.
- An increase in cartilage production.
- An increase in collagen production
- An increase in nerve recovery and regeneration