KeryFlex Nail Restoration is a painless, in-office application that restores the appearance of an individual’s natural nails. This system allows your Footpoint Podiatrist to remodel damaged nails affected by fungus, defects and trauma. The composite resin creates a flexible, but durable, non-porous nail that allows the remaining natural nail to grow. The KeryFlex nail is an immediate cosmetic improvement providing a natural-looking nail. It is unaffected by acetone, nail polishes or detergents.
The KeryFlex Nail Restoration System consists of three components:
- KeryFlex Bonding Agent optimizes the adhesion of the KeryFlex Resin to the natural nail.
- KeryFlex Resin is a lightweight, medical-grade gel used to build up the nail and allows for sculpting and contouring
- KeryFlex Sealant is a UV curing top coat to seal the KeryFlex nail making it non-porous and non-permeable.
- Offers another option for patients with damaged toenails
- Delivers immediate and significant cosmetic enhancement after one visit
- Looks and feels completely natural
- Provides for cosmetically pleasing nails during most antifungal treatment regimens
- Unlike rigid acrylic nails, flexibility allows KeryFlex restored nails to bend with the natural movement of toes and feet
- Is compatible with human tissue and will not irritate or cause further damage to the underlying nail or skin
- Allows for the remaining nail to grow out naturally
- Is non-porous and will not allow moisture to penetrate between the natural and prosthetic nail
- Applied in the sanitary setting of a foot care provider
- Is unaffected by acetone, nail polishes or detergents
What Should I Expect?
Once we have assessed that KeryFlex is right for you, the damaged nail is trimmed and filed down as much as possible. This may be performed with a nail clipper and or electronic file. Once the nail is prepared, the process of restoring the appearance of your nail begins. After applying a bonding agent, the resin is applied. This material is hardened with an ultraviolet light. The nail is then molded, shaped and filed smooth. Lastly, a sealant will be applied and cured with the light one final time. In most cases, the procedure can be completed in 30 minutes or less but depends on the condition of your nail and number of nails needing to be restored.
KeryFlex application is a cosmetic procedure and not intended to cure a disease. Ideal candidates have mild to moderate impairment caused by:
- Nail fungus
- Nail shape changes due to injury
- Spoon shaped nails
- Brittle and splitting nails
- Horizontal ridges
- Discolored nails
KeryFlex Nail Restoration should not be used on individuals with peripheral vascular disease, arterial insufficiency, peripheral neuropathy, suspicious pigmented lesions on the nail or in-grown toenails. It should be avoided in patients who are pregnant, nursing or known to be sensitive or allergic to any of its ingredients.