Our Commitment to your Health and Safety
The Footpoint Podiatry Team is dedicated to patient and staff health, ensuring health and well-being as a priority.
We continue to monitor the Covid – 19 situation closely, and are taking advice direct from Queensland Health, the Federal Government and The Australian Podiatry Association to ensure we are meeting all requirements.
Our team has always had the highest of infection control standards, maintaining cleanliness and hygiene, and have increased these measures to ensure our practice is above standard as we have settled into this ‘new normal’.
As a medical service, we are classified as an essential service, and as such will be open during lockdown periods unless instructed otherwise. In this event the wonderful admin team will be in touch to make alternative arrangements.
- Staff have participated in the Infection Control Training specifically for Covid – 19.
- We have social distancing measures in our reception area and a dedicated outdoor waiting area.
- You are also welcome to wait in your car for your appointment. Let staff know of your arrival via phone or a wave through the front windows and we shall call or collect you when the Podiatrist is ready.
- Any information given is freshly printed if it can’t be delivered via email.
- We respectfully ask that you only touch what is absolutely necessary and ask our wonderful team for assistance.
- Treatment beds and chairs are wiped down with disinfectant between every patient.
- Equipment is wiped down with disinfectant between every use.
- Tables, desks and doors are wiped down with disinfectant regularly.
- Our team of podiatrists and administration are well trained in hand washing / rub procedures and do so between all interactions.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the clinic for staff and patients.
Are you feeling unwell?
If you are feeling unwell with;
A sore throat, cough or fever,
Waiting for the results of a covid test,
Recently returned from a Covid hotspot OR
Suspect you have had close interaction with someone unwell or from a covid hotspot,
Please call the Team, DO NOT attend the clinic, and discuss rescheduling your appointment for the recommended 14 days, or until you have been cleared by a medical professional.
Our Team will also be abiding by these Queensland health and Federal Government guidelines and we thank you for your understanding.
Footpoint Podiatry remains open and ready to care for you.
You do not need a referral from a GP to see a podiatrist, so please let us be the first point of call for lower limb issues.
Please refer to our full list of services. We do stock walking boots and compression stockings, as well as other products and can refer for imaging as required.
The Team is making sure we do everything we can to continue practicing in a clean and safe environment.
We appreciate your cooperation with these guidelines.
Thank you, The Footpoint Podiatry Team.