Ingrown toe nails occur when skin next to a nail grows over the edges of the nail, or when the nail itself grows into the skin. This is painful and can lead to infection of the toe. Sometimes the condition becomes chronic, with repeated episodes of pain and infection.
In the past, a full toenail often had to be removed because of recurrent in-growing. Fortunately, those days are gone. At Footpoint Podiatry, we use a procedure called partial nail avulsion with sterilisation. This will remove a small piece of the offending nail aesthetically and eliminate regrowth. We use a local anaesthetic for all nail surgery so the procedure is pain-free.
- Paraffin Wax
- Lunula Cold Laser Fungal Nail Therapy
- Muscle Energy Technique (MET)
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Footwear and Compression Wear Fittings
- Dry Needling
- Custom Orthotics
- Foot Mobilisation (FMT)
- Exercise Prescription and Rehabilitation
- Jones Point Strain/Counterstrain Therapy
- After Hours appointments
- Home Visits
- Cosmetic Podiatry / Medi Pedi
- Toe Nail Surgery